Sunday, December 4, 2011

PS - Added paragraph to Flag Ceremony

However more cameras were facing us (the white tourists) than the flag ceremony. I spent a lot of time dodging cameras as we left. Shawls have a real advantage when you don't want your photo taken. Although I refused having my photo taken I did do my best visiting royalty pose and shake hands, smile, and practise my urdu on the many people who came up to gawp or offer their greetings.
Being a photo opportunity is part of the experience here. I don't enjoy it but I do enjoy the way people come up and talk, particularly those with young children - it is probably the first time they have seen a white person in real life. Being famous for my ethnic background rather than anything I've done - the easy option :)

No comments:

Post a Comment